Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Beginning





There. I've done it. I've started blogging!

I never thought I would do this. I am one of the least technical people I know and a vocal advocate for minimizing screen time. I know it's kind of ironic, but somehow I feel like it's ok. I tell myself that this is just another form of adventure - and I have been craving it for awhile. I think I am ready...

So, what has brought me to blogging?

I have been following a blog called SouleMama by Amanda Blake Soule for several years now. I don't know Amanda personally, but she and her family have been a huge source of inspiration for me since I have become a mother. It all started when I picked up Amanda's book, "The Creative Family" in 2008. My daughter, Rowan, was a little over a year old and she was on the move, exploring her world. Like many new parents, I wanted to explore with her, but felt pretty awkward and unsure of my abilities to support her in her discoveries. So I kept my eyes open for inspiration and that led me to Amanda, her book, and her blog.

Having been somewhat nomadic the last 15 years following my education pursuits; exciting work opportunities; and most currently, my husband's career and the unpredictable twists and turns of life, Amanda's blog has been an almost constant and dependable (almost devotional) daily visit from a friend that doesn't know I exist. It might sound a bit creepy, like I'm stalking her, but I promise my following her has been purely for inspiration and knowing there is someone out there with similar values that has helped me feel less alone in pursuing my dreams.

So this brings me to MY blog. Why am I doing this again?

I guess it is because I feel the need to record certain aspects of my life in a journal-type format and don't do well with pen and paper. Also, I like to share my thoughts and experiences with others in hopes of inspiring, affirming and challenging anyone who might find what I have to say interesting as they pursue their own passions and dreams as I try to do. Maybe some people will read my blog and feel connected and inspired as I do by Amanda and her stories and reflections that she shares on SouleMama. As I make my dreams come to life I have had, and will continue, to have both huge and small challenges with the random times of sweet victories along the way. Through the act of sharing these moments through blogging, I hope to experience a greater depth and be more mindful and better able to reflect on them as I come to these often-times pivotal points on my path.

So, what am I going to blog about?

Probably about a bunch of stuff. My farm adventures mostly (hence the blog name, Little Red Hen Farm), but likely a mish-mash of whatever I feel the need to share I guess. I don't want to limit myself, but must be clear that what I share is in the spirit of love, empathy and inspiration. I'm sure there is more to add, but will leave it as is for now. :)

I'm not sure how often I will blog. Perhaps this is it. I'll just have to see where this goes.

Yes.

Let's just see where this goes for now!








3 comments:

  1. Have fun with this journey Sarah. Wherever it may take you. I'll be interested to see where you take this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to get a little window into your inspired life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah,

    It's great you found a place to share your thoughts. I just started a blog a couple of weeks ago, just to have a place to write about everyday experiences. I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete